We have the tools, programs, and mentors to start you in the right direction and projects to ensure that you keep learning and growing as you sharpen your skills. These opportunities are highly sought after and, in many cases, are very competitive, but the knowledge, skills, and experience you receive will be well worth the effort.
Our interns and co-ops are exposed to the latest technologies and apply classroom theories to real-world projects. Students on past tours have been assigned the following tasks:
- Analyzing the reentry survival of the spacecraft
- Designing life support and habitability systems for the space environment
- Designing hardware and software for the orbiter and International Space Station
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Must have completed 45 semester credit hours
- Must have maintained a minimum 2.8 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) and be a student in good standing
Students may Apply Online for an Internship. A current resume and transcript will be required.
|Terms||New jobs will be posted:|
|Spring: Mid-January to Mid May||Early October|
|Summer: Late May to Early August||Early February|
|Fall: Late August to Mid-December||Early May|
Most internships take place during the summer session, from late May to early August. You may spend one or more summers with us, working, learning, networking, and attending social events.
Most co-op students spend at least two semesters working full time at Jacobs. The student may work one term in the spring, and another the next year in the fall. This program provides students the opportunity to learn different applications for their degree and field study. Students may be given different work assignments for each work term or may spend all of their work terms contributing to the same work area.